- Brush and floss teeth
- Place a thin line of whitening gel in your mouth guard as directed. Each tooth excluding the last two in every arch (if you have molars) should contain an adequate amount of gel. Try to avoid dispensing excessive amounts of gel in the mouth guard. ( If you are sensitive to peroxide, before inserting the mouth guards, apply a thin coat of petroleum jelly to the gum tissue)
- Insert the mouth guard and allow any excess materials to exude. Wipe away any excess material.
- Leave whitening trays in mouth for 1-2 hrs/day. If sensitivity occurs decrease whitening time by half.
- Fluoride may be dispensed if sensitivity persists.
- Clean the mouth guard thoroughly after each use, then brush your teeth again.
- Do these procedures for 2 weeks or otherwise directed.
- Touch-ups after 2 weeks are recommended.
Reduce or eliminate the consumption of coffee, tea, soda, grape juice, or red wine and smoking, because they all contribute to tooth staining, during and after your whitening treatment.
It is expected to experience some teeth or gum sensitivity during treatment. We suggest that if you are having sensitivity to stop whitening for 1-2 days and then resume treatment thereafter. In addition cut whitening time in half. If sensitivity persists call Dr. Daniyar ASAP.